Hello Dear Readers!
In this post I will show you how to repair the broken LCD panel of my trusty (since retired) Nokia 1208, a simple, easy to repair feature phone with cheap spare parts. The replacement display cost about 3 Euros with P&P, so it was a no-brainer if to repair it or not. Well, let’s get to it.
- Remove battery.
- Remove front cover by being careful with the plastic clips that hold it in place.
- Remove motherboard from back cover by unscrewing all six torx screws first.
- Remove LCD panel that was held in place by the same screws that were removed in step 3.
- Carefully detach data/power cable from the back side of the LCD panel.
- Remove LCD panel from metal bezel.
- Follow steps 1-6 in reverse order to reassemble phone with new display.
- Enjoy your very cheaply repaired trusty backup phone